Those who have been following me a while know that I love to bake healthier desserts, and almond flour is one of my go-tos. Full of nutrients, low-glycemic and grain-free, I find it the perfect substitute for traditional sweets without any of the belly bloat. The consistency however, makes it a little tricky to find the right balance of moisture and fluffiness. Well look no further. This is the fluffiest almond flour cake I have ever made!
I have two daughters; one who consistently loves my baking (even the fails) and another who wants nothing to do with any sweets that are healthy. This one had her coming back for seconds (and thirds!)
I made this version in a loaf pan, but feel free to experiment with a cake pan or even a muffin tin. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time appropriately.
You'll know your cake is ready when the consistency is spongy, bouncy, and the color is a nice golden brown.
I added wild blueberries from a bush in our backyard, but regular sized blueberries also work, fresh or frozen.
Give this one a go! Perfect for a breakfast, brunch, or light afternoon dessert.
Golden Maple Lemon Cake (with Blueberries)
- 2 cups almond flour plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup 100% real pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of two lemons
- 1 cup blueberries (I prefer wild for this recipe)
- Preheat over to 325 F. Grease a loaf pan and lightly dust with almond flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups almond flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to thoroughly incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Slowly add in the maple syrup, olive oil and lemon zest. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and thoroughly combine. Fold in the blueberries very gently. Add to loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes until the cake is golden brown with a spongy texture. Let the cake completely cool prior to removing from pan.
This has easily become my new go-to. Once you make it, I'm sure it will become yours too!
Tried this recipe? Tag @perfectly_nourished on Insta.
Hi! I'm a Certified Health Coach, Wellness Advocate